Friday, October 14, 2011

Preparing for the Exhibit Opening



















Tomorrow morning I'll be heading off to do demonstrations at the opening of Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow - Fabric Art at its Finest at the TriLakes Center in Palmer Lake (map here)

Of course that meant that I needed to figure out just exactly what I was going to demonstrate!

Yesterday afternoon I pulled out the panels I had stamped with African animals a while back and did the "painting" of the foliage around each of the animals

I had thought about taking along the supplies and tools for actually cutting the stamps that I create for the animals, but I don't have a good drawing for the next animal set up yet, so I'll just take the stamps I already have and talk about that if someone is interested

Today I'll need to figure out which of these panels I want to work on first and use the markers to put in the branches under the leaves of the little trees and bushes -- and pack up all the supplies and tools that are required

Demos start at 10 am, so this needs to get done today!

even though I was concentrating on the quilting yesterday, I did do some more work on this piece

like most pieces when they get to about this stage, I'm already in the "are we done yet" mind set, wanting to get it finished to move on to the next piece

the patterning around the individual centers is starting to run together, which is pretty exciting

the knitting continues on the Christmas sweater

last night I finished the back of the sweater

I also cast on the sleeves and worked the ribbing on them

I'm a little concerned that I won't have enough yarn to put a hood on this one -- I'm down to one skein and one little ball left with two sleeves yet to do before the hood gets picked up and knit from there -- I'd be a lot more comfortable with this if I had one additional skein since this is a yarn that has a dye lot and I'm not sure I'll be able to find another skein that matches

we'll see how that all goes

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I always tell people that sweater instructions come with the back done first, because that way you don't have to see any mistakes that were too small to pull out anyway, then the fronts, and then the sleeves because if you're tired of it or running out of yarn, hey! Vest!