Sunday, January 15, 2012

another finished object

this was the second hot pad I started on Wednesday while the DH was in surgery

since then every time I've been on the phone to talk with my daughter or my sister or my mother I've picked up this project and worked on it some more

yesterday afternoon I was able to do that final diagonal seam and it's all finished

I'm planning to start another one to be worked on the same way

(never a wasted moment!)



the center section of the bracelet is finished -- and I actually started on the section to the right too (see that little row of gold?)

looking good



and the third dinosaur block is finished

the little stegosaurus is so cute!

so today I can get the last corner block started

this project is moving right along


meantime I'm still struggling with the design for this year's Hoffman challenge -- it just hasn't "jelled" yet




the UPS man brought this on Friday

I had forgotten how cool this piece actually was since I haven't seen it for about 8 months!

it was entered in a competition, but didn't "make the cut", but it did hang in the store for several months since I was willing to sell it

as soon as I can take some new pictures of it that show the color and detail better I'll be putting it out on the second Etsy store







the pieces for the back of the sweater are finished

so now it's on to the front pieces

for someone that usually converts a sweater pattern so the whole body can be knit in one piece, this has been really weird to knit

but I do love all the patterns and textures

and yes, after I had this picture on the screen, I can spot an error in the way I knit one of the strips

never mind -- I'm leaving it!

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

I had to go looking, and even after I think I found it I would have thought that's how it was supposed to be.

Nancy G said...

It definitely passes the galloping horse test!