Saturday, January 28, 2012

no more blind dinosaurs!

the center block is complete

today there will be trimming and the stitching of the quilt top

and maybe even the pinning of the "sandwich" so the quilting can begin

sooooo cool!







time spent with the colored pencils yesterday

this was the result of the fiddling


I think this is what I'm going to do -- although I'm still thinking about a sort of orange-y terra cotta color behind them

my plan for the next step is to take some photo copies of the actual fabric and do a cut and paste sample with paper

this project has been a whole new approach to creating a quilt -- a much more "painterly" approach -- sketching, changing, more sketching

I'm hoping this refining at the front end will mean fewer problems as the piece goes together




the final package arrived!

there are two of these great vintage glass pieces -- each one is about an inch tall

my plan is to use these to create a bracelet for a challenge on using filigree

as I was going through the boxes of beads I found that some of the vintage beads that my mother had given me are exactly the same color as this, so I'll be using them in this project along with some other ones

now that this is here I'll be finishing up that bead order from Fire Mountain

and I really need to spend some time writing the bills for February, and working on the taxes (BLEAH!)

better get busy

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh, that's cute! I love the eyes on your dinosaur!