Thursday, January 05, 2012

first finished project of 2012

ta da!

finished up the apron for my daughter yesterday afternoon

this is a customized apron -- sort of like Chinese food -- one from column A, 2 from column B (but no, there is no egg roll!)

the original pattern called for a small pocket in front, but I put in one that runs all the way across the front panel of the apron (yes, it's really there, even though it's hard to tell in the picture)

and the original also called for two buttons in back at the waist, but she wanted ties instead, so that's what I did

today I'll be putting together a "squishy" to sent this off to her


and the first corner block of the baby quilt is now finished

I really like the way the "framing" with the leaf batik fabric worked -- it's so much better than the first attempt where I was appliqueing directly onto that batik

so now it's on to the next corner on this project



this morning I'm heading off to the local fiber store to use the drum carder for a couple of hours -- I pulled out the box of fleece yesterday and admired the lovely colors that are all in one fleece of a Jacob sheep --- this should make some lovely yarn


time to get moving!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

They let other people use their drum carder? That's a really nice store.