Sunday, January 29, 2012

morning glory

what a glorious sunrise this morning!

(and it is so amazing what the new camera captures!)

just had to share








the quilt top for the baby quilt is finished

it came out really well

and I already have the backing (bought it on sale a couple of weeks ago), so probably this afternoon I'll put the sandwich together and get it ready to quilt

which I won't start until I can go to the local quilt store and get some thread that will go with this fabric (the front, that is) -- I went through my "stash" and I just don't have anything that works -- I'll be looking for a purple/green/brown blendable

I'm real pleased with how this top came out


and the verdict is

terra cotta

so when I make that trip for the thread, I'll be looking for a piece of fabric that will work since the only piece I have is part of a fat quarter, which is just not enough to do what I need

this is already feeling like one of those "did I do that" moments

I hope it still feels like that when I get it finished



last night I started working on a piece of jewelry -- that I had actually done some work on about a year ago and then set aside because I needed "parts" to be able to finish it -- pictures soon, I promise

onward!

No comments: