Friday, January 13, 2012

new things, old things

yesterday afternoon I got back to this

it took me a bit of fiddling with the seed beads to figure out how to arrange them around those bugle beads

nice progress

a while back (ok, over a year ago!) I spent some time playing with needle felting

at that time I did several birds and combined them with wood bird houses that had been painted or antiqued and felted flowers added too

when we stopped doing craft shows, most of this stuff just got packed up into plastic tubs and put away

recently I have started going through things and I found this piece

so, I put him in my Etsy shop -- not the one where I put all my bead work, but the OTHER one

and since I've decided to start putting my fiber work and mixed media pieces out there in that shop, you'll see a new link over there on the right side of the blog, so if you want to go check out what's out there you can use the link

on Wednesday the DH had his surgery -- originally scheduled for 1 pm, because of issues with the scheduling ahead of him, he finally got into surgery at about 2:30 pm

it made for a very long day by the time he had 2 hours of surgery, then 2 hours in the recovery room before they put him in a room for the night

lots of time for me to work on portable projects

like making this entire hot pad for my daughter (she told me when we were at her house at Christmas that some of the ones I had made her a few years ago had begun to wear out), and start on another one

when you sit in the waiting area of the surgical center of a hospital and you are paying attention you see both ends of the spectrum of what happens there

during those 4 hours there were 6 babies born (the hospital plays Brahm's Lullaby on the intercom for each one) and a family was told that their loved one didn't make it through whatever the surgery was (I'm thinking that has to be the part of the job that doctors must most hate)

the DH came home yesterday afternoon -- the Bionic Man -- he has a new shoulder joint made of metal and plastic -- now begins the long slog toward healing and rehab --

keep those prayers coming please!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Prayers from here. Birth and grief, love, loss, and healing. Wow, what a day you had.