Tuesday, January 10, 2012

more finished things

yesterday morning the DH had to go have pre-op tests done

I went along to keep track of the paperwork, write the check and serve as axillary memory for all those questions they always ask

while I was waiting I finished an afghan square -- the first for 2012





after some sorting through the beads I started working on that new bracelet

last year I had done a piece that was titled Tribute to Gee's Bend and it sold pretty quickly out of my Etsy store

I'm hoping this one will do likewise


progress is being made on the third block of the dinosaur quilt

the beginning of the stegosaurus

I think this one is going to be cute too

while I was in the store yesterday I picked up the quilt batting that I will use in this quilt (they were on sale for 50% off) and found a cute dinosaur print fabric that I will use for the back of the quilt (another deal -- it was the end of the bolt so I got it for 50% off too)

nice


finished knitting the last cup cozy

this one is for me -- I plan to use it around my sport bottle that I take when I go to guild meetings or other places where I want to have my own water

the skein of sock yarn was just enough to make the four of these

and another trip through the button box yielded additional "one of a kind" buttons to do the decorating with

now its back to working on the scarf and the sweater

time to get moving -- lots to do before the DH has surgery tomorrow

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Prayer said for him, for you, and for the doctors and nurses involved. Best wishes and an easy recovery to him.