Monday, January 23, 2012

Experimenting and more dog watching

you may recall that I said I had an idea about the fronds for the redwood tree

I ironed a fusible interfacing to the back of the fabric then just cut out the shape and stitched it down to the background with one row of stitching down the center

the interfacing makes the fabric stiffer so it has more shape and the edges don't fray as much as just raw fabric does

I think this technique is a winner

now I can't wait to get the baby quilt done so I can get back to this one! (goal #1 for 2012 -- get those trees finished!!)

the nurse dog is keeping the pillow and the blanket warm for the DH

she is the strangest dog -- her predecessor hated to have anything thrown over her head -- this one will let you bury her in blankets or pillows and just lays there

(she also lets Mr Cute crawl all over her without fussing about it)



it's Monday -- laundry to do -- and a lot of project balls in the air to keep juggling

time to get to it!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

That's a very good dog, and a good one to have around Mr. Cute.