Sunday, January 01, 2012

It's a new dawn...

it's a new day

it's a new year!

(with apologies to Nina Simone -- lyric paraphrased from "Feeling Good")

actually, I took this picture last week while we were still at our daughter's house (as I've said before, she has this awesome panoramic view from her back deck)

love the pinks and lavenders in this one

(and yes, taken with the new camera!)

last night for the first time in a long time, we actually were awake (just barely) at midnight to "welcome" the new year

yesterday I spent some time working on projects

this was one of them -- the beginning of the baby quilt I'm working on

but not

while I love the look of this batik with the idea of the dinosaurs, the pattern is just too "busy" to use as the background to applique on

today I'll be going through the stash boxes again to find a less patterned fabric for those areas


progress is being made on the sweater I'm knitting for myself

it's an interesting pattern that is making more sense as I just work along and follow the pattern

looking good


and I'm finally working on the actual scarf for the DH

after fiddling with a lot of other patterns, in the end what I'm knitting is something that I just made up to fit the criteria he had for the piece

ok, I'm good with that


today I hope to get the apron started for my daughter -- we'll see

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I'm pleased with myself for getting going on one project and you always have forty-leven. Someday...