Tuesday, January 31, 2012

fixed, changed, completed

a busy day all around

here we have the panel that I picked out and re-quilted

on the left side the old way

on the right side the new way











and here are the three panels that are all finished

I'm really happy that I decided to pick out that middle panel and change it

I'm much happier with it now







I went to the local quilting store yesterday

of course the fabric that I had in my stash is no longer available

the nice clerk let me pull out practically every bolt of fabric that they had in the color family I was looking for

after a lot of playing around with different things (and even briefly considering using something in the green family), this fabric is what I settled on

so now I can start working on the real thing

just as soon as I get a couple of other things finished


I was able to get the thread I needed to do the quilting on the dinosaur quilt, so the quilting on that has begun

work on the Egyptian piece continues

this is looking pretty good









these 3 pieces of malachite arrived yesterday

I'm working on a design for another bracelet and maybe a necklace too, and I got these for very reasonable prices



I finished the second front panel for the sweater

now it's on to the sleeves (which I'm going to change because after all this I'm really not interested in knitting them in endless rows of plain single color

there are plenty of color charts to use instead

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

The Egyptian piece is posing as Rodin: The Thinker.