Monday, June 04, 2012

about that forest

the trees are back

since I had finished stitching the pants for the DH, I decided to do a little work on the trees

the top layer is the batch of redwood fronds that have been fussy cut out of the first fabric and are now ironed down to the fabric which is the backing

the bottom layer is the fern fabric that I plan to use around the bottom of the redwood trees -- I've pressed the Wonder Under to the back of it

yesterday afternoon I spent some time in the recliner cutting -- until my thumb got sore from the pressure of the scissors

more cutting still to do

work continues on this new beaded piece

finished building the "snares" that hold those big quartz crystals

those circles of beads open areas --- and I haven't yet decided if I will build beaded netting inside those or not

like I said, this one is a happening

meantime, I've started adding more crystal beads and white beads around the big crystals

looking good





today I'm already doing laundry and there are a few errands to be run

then on to the projects!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Those greens look rather like the green shawl I've been knitting.