Tuesday, June 19, 2012

where the back took almost as long as the front

yesterday's studio time was mostly spent creating this

before I can start quilting the summer quilt, it needed a back and I try to make the backs of the quilts coordinate with the fronts

these fabrics were part of a challenge packet that I got last summer, but the quilt never happen -- they just seem right for this piece

the theme for this competition is "what does summer mean to you", and I'm considering using the white stripes to write words that answer that question

so what does summer mean to you?





the busy book is finished!

I used the setting on my sewing machine that stitches an embroidered eyelet to create the "holes" spaced like a sheet of notebook paper

then big sharp needle with some 1/8 inch ribbon to create the rings

and those handles were created with the rest of the belt that I used for the buckle page

I hope he likes it!




and at long last, another finished charity sweater

this one is bigger than the first two I did, so it took a bit longer to make

I have the necessary yarn to make another one, which might get started tonight



it was very hot here yesterday, and will be again today --- not my favorite thing --- time to go get the necessary errands run then hole up with the cooler again!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Someone's totally going to love that sweater and quilt, and Mr. Cute is with that Busy Book. Love it!