Monday, June 18, 2012

a finished object and two nearly so

its summer (or nearly) and Mr Cute is wearing shorts

and have you noticed that a simple little pair of shorts is as expensive as the longer, heavier pants?

grandma and her sewing machine to the rescue!

this pair of shorts were whipped up in about 30 minutes from some fabric left over from a pair of scrubs I made for the DH last summer (oh look, he can match grandpa!)

these are going in the mail this morning (a "squishy" for Mr Cute!) -- his mama will let me know if we need any pattern adjustments before I whip up a couple more pair for him

and I'll be going through the pattern drawer for the pattern I have for sweat pants and sweat shirts for the cool weather
got the letters stitched on the cover of the busy book

it was fun cutting each letter out of a different color felt

I've started stitching the pages together -- I hope to have this project finished in the next few days







not quite finished with the beading on this, but its very, very close

while I was digging through the big tub that the felt for the busy book was in I found several more pieces of the kind of suede and upholstery velour that I use to back these pieces --- which was wonderful, since the little box I had with the beads was getting pretty empty





it's supposed to be 100 degrees here today -- and I do not do heat well, so I'm trying to get things done early today so I can hole up with the portable swampy cooler and work on projects


No comments: