Wednesday, June 20, 2012

because there's nothing else going on

I started a new project - heh, right!

but seriously, while my sister was here last week she was making herself a new tote bag which reminded me I needed to get busy on a new bag for me

the summer purse I made a couple of years ago is starting to fray, and I knew I needed to replace it, so I already had all of the materials right here in hand

but just a plain fabric bag was not going to get it

so yesterday I drug out the paint and the stamps and all of the necessary messy parts and stamped these

the plan is to stitch them to the outside of the bag to give it some "art-y" interest

now that the paint is dry, it shouldn't take too long to get the bag done


while I was in the studio, I did get the memories of summer quilt sandwich pinned together, so it is ready to be stitched on

meantime, I got this packet of fabrics in the mail

it is for a fall quilt challenge

I'm thinking about what I can do with it

I can add some fabric to it if I need to

right now I'm just thinking about a design



after several days of very hot weather it was a pleasure to wake up this morning to a cool breeze from the north -- today and tomorrow are supposed to be cooler then the temperatures go up again --- we've decided to take advantage of the cool by doing some yard work -- then we won't have to do that when it gets hotter again over the weekend

time to get to it

No comments: