Thursday, June 14, 2012

tick tock, tick tock

in all of the pictures of busy books I've seen, I've not seen this

this was a little more complex than some of the other pages -- I used some fusible pelon on the back of the felt for the clock face so I could freehand machine embroider the numbers

the clock hands (and a corresponding "washer" for the back of the clock face)  were cut out of the side of a gallon milk carton

once I got the entire clock face done, I stitched it to the page with the ring around it  -- sort of like a school wall clock

yesterday when I was at the grocery store I found a pair of bright orange shoe laces --- so next up will be the tennis shoe that has laces --- I'm thinking a green background with a mostly white tennis shoe with orange trim --- we'll see how all of that color works together when I get into the studio

more beading is being done on this piece

the right hand side is mostly done -- I know, it's hard to tell in this picture, you'll just have to take my word for it right now


last week I put in an order for supplies to a couple of places for the next piece I'm planning --- let me say the operative words for that piece are orange crystal


and I've started on a design for another competition quilt piece

rolling right along!

No comments: