Sunday, June 17, 2012

stitching along

ta da!

this is the second (and last) of the 16 by 24 pieces that runs horizontally on the quilt

which means today I might get started on the two 16 by 24 pieces that run vertically --- one of those is a bear and the other is an otter

cool


and this is the progress photo of the newest art quilt

not only did I manage to get the little silhouette figures fused at the bottom edge of the piece, I also got all of the exploding fireworks fused on too

the next step on this is to put the sandwich together and start on the quilting and embellishing --- and I have a piece of sheer fabric that has a gold shimmer that I plan to use as the top layer, which I think will give the piece a "glow"



other time in the studio included work on the cover for the busy book -- I'll be stitching the letters to the cover next and starting to stitch the pages together and making the eyelets at the edge so it can be strung together

and I have a pair of shorts for Mr Cute cut out that I hope to get stitched together and shipped off so his mommy can tell me if I need to alter the pattern before I make another pair

the beading on the white piece is getting closer -- I hope to have the beading done on that in the next couple of days

seems like the more projects I have in the works, the more ideas just spring into my head!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh that's so much better than fireflies! Wow! And I love the fish. Monterey Bay Aquarium!