Wednesday, June 06, 2012

the eagle has landed

in the finished block pile that is

this block took a while to stitch --- lots of feathers to deal with

this one is the last of the four corner squares, so the next stitching session will be one of the long vertical or horizontal panels --- there are two of each of those

I am really pleased with the look of these blocks --- it's one of those cases of the reality actually looking like the picture in my head







a new project hopped into the work routine yesterday

my daughter has requested a "quiet book" for Mr Cute, and after consulting back and forth on line (with considerable exchanging of links), I started working on one for him

this is the first pair of pages

Mr Cute is really into trains right now, so this page was a must  ---  and it was fun to find the buttons in the button box

I'm not sure what the next page will be --- I'll be coming up with something as I work on this later today

one more of the hot pads for Christmas is finished

I think this one should be called "summer sherbet" or something equally colorful



the original plan for today was to do some shopping around for having our glasses made (I just can't fork over $450 for a new pair --- and disgustingly, that's WITH insurance!), but first I have to take the van to the shop --- the "check engine" light came on yesterday afternoon as we were headed to the eye doctor --- {sigh!} --- seems like there's always something

time to get going

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Do you have a For Eyes around there? The prices are usually a lot better than that, and there are often coupons to look up. Good luck!