Saturday, June 09, 2012

After the storms

inspiration comes in many guises

one of the things I've learned about my own process of making art in the past few years is that nature inspires me

I did a series of small pieces that are leaves

which is probably why this leaf caught my eye when it got brought into the house on the bottom of a shoe this week after all the storms

I'm intrigued by the shape of the leaf and by the pattern of the little moldy spots across it's surface

being able to scan it and create a file means I can use it for some art project in the future


more progress was made yesterday on the busy book for Mr Cute

this was one of the pages that necessitated the trip to the fabric store --- I had teeny, tiny snaps and I had enormous snaps but nothing in between --

like these, for instance, that I stitched on to the coat

cool

and time spent on the Snow Queen yesterday

I still want to add some little pieces of mirror to this, but I'm really anti breaking a mirror

so today I'm going to the local hobby store and see if I can find any little pieces of mirror that are intended for some other kind of crafting


time to get to it

No comments: