Friday, June 08, 2012

wherein Mother Nature has the last word

and an exclamation point!

as if we hadn't had enough of the scary weather, last night brought another big storm --- with bigger hail and the added feature of some tornados --- YIKES!

I have to say this is the biggest hail stone I have ever seen -- and I found it fascinating that while the smaller ones are round, this one is more like a little flying saucer -- oval and somewhat flattened

it also has a distinct "whirl" pattern in top surface and a little "dip" in the center

fortunately there were not a lot of these (this one fell near the edge of the patio so I was able to dash out and grab it without being in too much danger), and those that came down missed my car and my garden --- Thank Goodness!!!

this morning we still have gray, cloudy skies and a lot of humidity ---
yesterday I did another pair of pages for Mr Cute's book

I also made a trip to the fabric store to pick up some brighter colored felt, some snaps and some Velcro -- things I need for some planned pages that I didn't have on hand


after driving around to different locations yesterday we found a store that accepts our insurance and actually had affordable prices --- the DH got his new glasses on the spot (within an hour) and with new, stylish frames and the thin polycarbonate lenses the total price was $40

price for my glasses will be less than $200 --- for the same thing that I was quoted $450 for elsewhere --- and mine will take 10 days --- progressive bifocals are made custom for the individual, so there's no one hour service for them  -- I'll be glad to get them

ordinarily today would be about time to mow lawns, but everything is still so flattened from the rain and hail, that chore will have to wait a day or two -- I'm hoping to get more done on projects than I have the last two days
 

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Yow on that hail! And I'm glad the glasses worked out a while lot better.