Saturday, June 02, 2012

One of the beading groups I belong to does a quarterly challenge

this quarter's challenge, when it was announced back in April just didn't say anything to me, and I had pretty much decided I wasn't going to do anything for it

uh, right

I guess I just needed to give the idea time to perk for a while  (and perhaps finishing the two pieces I was in the middle of at the time had something to do with it too)

yesterday I started working on this piece --- these chunks of clear quartz crystal were given to me and have just been marinating in the stash, waiting for me to figure out what to do with some big, irregularly shaped pieces of clear crystal

the entire palette of this piece is again pretty much one color --- white/clear/silvery --- there are actually five of these big chunks (and these are not the biggest ones), but this is as far as I got yesterday


the time at the sewing machine yesterday was productive

this pair of highly customized "scrubs" for the DH is now complete -- nice

and I've got plans for the left over fabric --- I think it will be perfect for part of the fur on the malamute block that will be the center of the Yupik quilt

nice multi-tasking!


while I was in the studio, I spent some time working on the double sided redwood fronds --- and managed to get stamp pad ink all over the finger tips of my left hand --- oh cute!  seems I forgot that stamping on the backing sheet of the Wonder Under needs more time to dry than on some other surfaces ---  today I should be able to start cutting the shapes and preparing them to be ironed down to the backing fabric


there are some other things that have to get done today too --- mowing the back yard and taking the dog to the vet for her rabies shot

time to get busy!!

No comments: