Friday, October 17, 2008

Another finished piece

This is the necklace I've been working on all week

The entire piece is made of 3 mm copper beads, size 11 and size 15 turquoise colored seed beads.

I love the look of this one -- like a heavy, embellished cord

The necklace is 18 inches long, so it rests nicely along the base of the neck, and it is about 1/2 inch in diameter

I may do some other things with this technique now that I've figured it out!

How about silver beads with a bright color around them

or some 3 mm colored glass with gray beads

I'm also thinking this technique would make a really nice bracelet, so I may see if I have enough beads to do that (trying not to have to go buy anything for it)

This morning I'm off to my quilt group to share what I've been working on and otherwise hob nob with my fellow wizards -- should be fun. I made a lentil and rice salad to take with me, which I plan to share on the kitchen website sometime in the next few days (I'll let you know when to go take a peek!)

time to roll!

No comments: