Tuesday, October 28, 2008

not all that great, thanks

he whispered to me that his name is Charlie

I'm glad he told me, because when I was working on him I was calling him "lumpy", which he obviously didn't like

ah well






Yesterday we made the 45 minute drive to the place that hopefully can repair my sewing machine

My Viking Designer I has been out of commission (unless you need to just sew a straight seam -- or prop a door open) for a while now -- the "touch screen" that controls all of the stitches and functions was not responding -- no amount of sweet talk, resetting or swearing were of use, and I had decided that I was just going to have to live without it until I could save up what it would cost to have it repaired (and figured that would happen next summer -- maybe)

My darling brother-in-law, however, would like me to embroider some shirts for him (a job that will take about 2 or 3 hours once the machine is working), and doesn't trust anyone else for the job, so he volunteered to pay for the repair

I'm once again humbled by his generosity (and my sister's too)

So now begins the impatient waiting for the shop to call and tell me about the machine (why is it that I had been resigned to being without the machine for another 6 or 8 months before it went to the shop, and now I want it back RIGHT NOW?!)

When we got back from our trip to the shop I was just not feeling that great, so aside from one more purple bead medallion and what knitting I did in the car, I just didn't get anything done yesterday (there was even some laundry that didn't get folded until this morning, and it hasn't been put away yet)

this morning I'm still feeling under the weather -- sort of like I was in the way of a large truck that went speeding by

I will be moving slowly today

No comments: