Sunday, October 12, 2008

must be the squirrel influence

For some reason yesterday things in the studio just seemed to click and things got done!
new earrings!

the centers of these are 18mm Swarovski Crystal Rivoli -- this is a new goodie available from Fire Mountain Gems in a number of colors

I did beaded netting around them and added the silver french hooks

not bad, and they worked up really quickly (about an hour for the pair)

Next!

with lightening speed!

this is the replacement voice box for the Steiff giraffe I'm repairing

couldn't believe it when I opened the mail box and there it was!

So now I can finish him up and try to find a box to pack him in (that will probably be the hardest part!)


The last and biggest block for the parrot quilt is now complete

I finished this about 9 last night and took the picture right away so I could post it this morning

So now I will be working on cutting the stripping and setting the whole thing together

It's getting pretty exciting

And while I'm working on that I need to start thinking about what sort of pattern I will quilt into it (no, I am NOT going around each of those little feathers again!)


the new and improved bunny drawing

aw, much better

so now I need to decide just how big the paperdolls will be and start working on backgrounds and costumes

mmmmm -- chocolate bunny, easter bunny, snow bunny, beach bunny, evil bunny -- yup, lots of possibilities for costumes!



I did spend time working on a new banner for my Etsy store, some pencil sketches and now I need to work on doing the photo collage in the computer program to create it

time to get back to that

2 comments:

Dave Robertson said...

Hi, Bev,

In my travels I'm always looking for great ways that people use things we sell. Since we also have Swarovski Rivoli crystals, I'm happy to see these nice earrings you've made. My compliments!

Keep up the good work...Cheers,

--Dave
at Rings & Things

Bea said...

Great work, Bev.

Don't forget the Vorpal Bunny and the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog (ala Monty Python).... but then you might have to "Run away!"