Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Turning (into a?) Pumpkin

Another piece of jewelry complete!


I like the way this one turned out


The big glass leaf had been sitting in my supply tub for a long time, so it was nice to find a really good place to use it











A while back I decided that the ends of the beaded toggles I was making just didn't look "finished", so this is the first of the new style ones -- notice the larger glass bead at each end of the bar -- much better I think

And no sooner did I get this finished than I pulled out the materials to work on a piece that will be similar to one I sold at the last jewelry show -- a really nice piece of fluorite (really clear with very defined color stripes) that I have already encircled in a net and started on the chain.



During the show on Saturday I was asked if I would be interested in donating a piece for a silent auction that is a fund raiser for the special education classes in a Northern Colorado school district.

They are doing a wizard theme for their fund raiser, and I told the teacher that I was sure I could come up with something for her

This then is the "chosen" bear to be dressed as a wizard -- originally he was in a football uniform for the Southwest Missouri Bears, but I think he can be a presentable wizard

I'll keep you posted on his progress




Let the stitching of the final block begin!

20 different fabrics (not including the background) go into this largest and center block of the quilt

Last night I started putting them in -- 5 pieces are now stitched -- the branch and his feet (which you can't even see on the drawing here, but trust me, he's got 'em)

I have to admit that as I get closer to the end of the block building on this project I'm beginning to think about how to do the next quilt on my "to do" list -- it will be another one about the same size this one is, but with a whole different approach -- and to add to the interest, it will be presented here only in very close up "preview" shots as the person I'm making it for reads this blog!




and here we have the promised pumpkin photo -- it's still pretty warm during the day here (upper 70's yesterday) but it's getting down in the 40's at night now, so the pumpkins (and the acorn squash) are getting the idea that winter's coming!




I have only about 3 rows left on the first of the big Christmas knitting projects -- it's pretty exciting to be getting that close -- have to make a visit to the fabric store for buttons soon.


Today we're going to get our flu shots -- not my favorite thing, but FAR, FAR better than having the flu! Our local urgent care is doing them for only $18 which is considerably less expensive than the $30 I had to pay last year (the DH, being old enough for Medicare, gets his for free -- YEAH!)

guess it's time to get to work

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

The necklace is beautiful, you did a great job! I like the new toggle, as well.
Hard to believe you're already working on the last quilt block. They have all turned out so wonderfully, and I can't wait to see the finished product. I just wish I could figure out how to get as much done as you do!