Thursday, October 23, 2008

being on a roll

finished up another pair of these cool earrings!

I also found that I had enought purple glass beads of the right size to do a necklace with these medallions -- that should be fun!











For the last few months I've been trying to figure out how to make some curtains to help cut down the cold that comes off a sliding patio door in the winter

The door is on the north side of the house and during the winter, when the wind is blowing, it just feels cold

I had just about decided that we were just going to have to live with it when my daughter told me about the sales going on as Linens and Things is going out of business.

While it is never a good thing for a company to just disappear, I was thrilled at being able to get some really nice, heavy, lined drapes for that door at a price I could afford (and a lot less expensively than I can make them) We were even able to get a sturdy rod for them at an amazingly low price.

Guess we'll be installing hardware soon!

Yesterday was our monthly shopping trip day -- so not much besides the earrings got done, but I'm hoping to get more finished today

No comments: