Thursday, October 30, 2008

Muuuuuuch better

finally back to what resembles normal here at the "masion de lunes"

and a lot more got done yesterday

the bunny paperdolls are progressing

these are the "back to school" outfits all colored

I have the pjs drawn and hope to get those colored today

then it's on to the backgrounds



and these are the beaded medallions (with all of their lovely threads still attached which will be needed to string this whole thing together)

this picture was taken before I started working on this project yesterday, and I did 3 more of them after that

my idea right now is to make the necklace center basically as these are laid out then more up each side to complete the necklace

So far no two of these are alike (on purpose!), and I think I have enough of the seed beads to continue that entire theme through the whole necklace

as often happens, while I was working on this I had an idea for another piece that will use some of that Rocky Mountain Beach Glass that I was talking about a while back

I'm going to try to get the stuff pulled out for that idea today to make sure I have everything I need for it before I get too excited about it

Since I'm so close to having the quilt top finished, we decided to go yesterday and try to find something to use for the back

this was the fabric that was the final decision

I love this stuff -- it reminds me of crackle finished paint

and I got the winter green quilting thread to do the quilting which I've decided will be something that looks like bird's wings over the entire surface, beginning at the top left corner

each quilt I've made I've quilted in a different pattern and technique -- I don't know if I'm just getting better at it or if I'm making better choices about these projects, but each quilt has seemed easier than the last -- maybe it's a bit of both

So, we're off and runnin' !

No comments: