Monday, October 13, 2008

odds and ends from a busy Sunday

yesterday was one of those days that I was busy all day, but I really have nothing to show for it!

for one thing, I can't believe how long it took me to work up this banner for the Etsy Store remodel -- and I'm still not really happy with it, it just doesn't have that "collage-y" look I was going for, and I'm about to decide that I don't yet have the graphic software chops to do this with technology -- bring on the scissors and glue

I finished repairing the giraffe, so today I'll be packing him up and preparing to mail him off to his owner. I'm pretty happy with the repairs, and I'm pretty sure she will be too.

For the first time since I bought the new and wonderfully large cutting mat, I actually put it to good use yesterday. Since all of the applique blocks are done, it was time to cut the stripping for the quilt, and for cutting strips there's nothing so wonderful as a roller cutter and a large mat. Today I will begin setting it all together -- WHOOO HOOO!!


This, as you may recall, is the State Fair award winning remade shirt.

and this shirt arrived in the studio yesterday direct from the DH who has declared it too short to stay tucked into the jeans

this one has been "gently worn", so what I do with it can be totally a matter of whatever inspiration strikes me -- will there be beading? painting? applique? felting?

possibly all of the above, but it doesn't have top priority right now as I'm trying to finish up all of the Christmas projects and get new inventory ready for upcoming shows.

While I have not yet received the confirming paperwork, one of the shows I had applied to has cashed my check, so I'm guessing that means we're in it. So, I now have a Nov 8 deadline for these new jewelry pieces.

so for today there will be laundry and quilt work and jewelry and more work on sewing the new animal I'm making and some work at the drawing board on paperdolls -- just a usual day!

1 comment:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

You always get so much done, Bev! Good for you!