Tuesday, October 07, 2008

the box is in the mail

the box that is full of these, that is

I've been knitting these up since June (which is when the last box was mailed)

my usual approach to these is I select a box and when I get it full, I send them off!

Guess it's time to find another box (my knitting will be more concentrated on Christmas gifts for the next month or so, but then I'll get back to these!)


Along with this box there is a box with the little bear wizard on the porch for the mail man too -- all complete and packed and ready to go!



When I was in the store yesterday, I found this:
A Special Issue from Interweave Knits, all about FELT -- as in using wool roving to make all kinds of neat things


Like this


and this

When we did our show in Kansas City, I saw some folks working with this kind of thing, and I confess, after resisting for several years, I'm thinking about giving needle felting a try

Now I just have to get some supplies!



found objects













When I go walking, I sometimes find interesting things

Since it's now fall (it was only 34 degrees when I walked this morning!), the leaves are turning and falling

So I did some "found object collages" in the scanner

what do you think?

time to get movin' now, haven't had breakfast yet, and there's work to do

No comments: