Wednesday, October 08, 2008

it's harvest time

Picked from the garden

all of the pepper plants, the yellow and the acorn squash plants have been pulled up and tossed into the compost heap

this is the little pumpkin, we left the big one, but we'll probably pick it before the forecasted snow this weekend

not bad!

Next year we'll start earlier and have a real plan, so we should get more to show for the work


this is trouble

this was one of the size 5 needle tips for my Denise knitting set

it snapped as I was moving the stitches over it to start the next row of 360 stitches in the current knitting project

Fortunately I have a different (metal) needle that I was able to move my project to, and I only had to do picking up of about 6 stitches

This morning I sent off an email asking them about getting a replacement needle tip

it could have been a lot bigger trouble!


The last quilt block is moving right along -- the body, head, and feet are done, and last night I started on the wing (which on this block is the biggest section) -- can't wait to get this block finished so I can start setting the whole thing together!

time to get busy!

No comments: