Saturday, October 11, 2008

surprises from the dye pot

this was the dying project from Thursday

these were done with brown, and while they are lighter than I was looking for, they are at least colors I can make use of


this, on the other hand is no where even close to what I expected!

these definately hot pink colors came out of a BLACK dye pot

Say WHAT?!!

Ok, my day's of fiddling with the food color dyes are done -- it's off to the store for some RIT sometime next week to redye these and hopefully get something that I can actually use

geesh
Another piece of jewelry complete!

this is a piece of quartz with lapis flecks, all made up

nice

so now I'm doing a pair of earrings (unusual for me) that are about 20mm round cut crystals that will be encircled with beads

we'll see how that comes out



You know what they say about rabbits --

these are some preliminary drawings for the paperdoll project

I actually really like the one on the right except for the somewhat mean expression

So, I'll be printing a bigger version (the original drawing is about 3 inches tall), and working with tracing paper over it to redraw the face

In the next few weeks I will be totally revamping my Etsy store. They have added some very nice features that let the "shop owner" set up different sections which would be nice for my many different projects. Meantime that means I'm redesigning a banner ad that shows more of the many things I do, and thinking about store policies, etc., etc. I'll be announcing the Grand Reopening as soon as I'm done with the makeover!

After several discussions, the DH and I have decided to downsize some of our collectibles, so this morning I listed the first of the ones we have decided to sell on Ebay. I know this may not be a great time to do this, the economy being what it is and all, but we'll see. If you'd like to see the piece, you can click
here

Today it's cool and foggy, the first of the promised cold weather for our weekend -- earlier in the week the forecast was for us to actually see some snow -- not my favorite forecast, but it is October

time to get busy!

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

Apparently the black dye pot wanted to participate in Breast Cancer Awareness month, hence the pink.

Love the bunny; perhaps the expression indicates a retirement fund invested in the stock market?