Friday, October 10, 2008

bunnies and pumpkins and leaves -- OH MY!

Remember I was talking about the rubber stamp we bought in the mark downs?

Here is a scan of the top of it.

I just adore the art work of this stamp designer.

This is actually the second of her stamps that we have been inpired by, which is pretty cool.


This is one of the pages of pattern pieces the DH drew --

I'll be working on making it up into a fabric bunny soon

The way he can do this just fascinates and amazes me

It's like magic (even more magic is that except for a little bit of tweeking on the size of the pad for the bottom of the feet, we didn't need to change anything to be ready to try it out in fabric!!)



We picked the big pumpkin

It weighs almost 12 pounds!!

The little one weighs about a pound and a half

aren't they cute sitting there together?





More "scanner pictures"!

I'm having a lot of fun playing with this whole idea -- now I guess I need to teach myself how to create composites by building layers in the program

that, however, is a project for a time when I don't have shows coming up, like right after Christmas


Today's chores include mowing the back yard and trying to figure out how to keep the dog out of the compost pit -- you know what they say about dogs being indiscriminate eaters -- well, it's certainly true of ours -- rotting tomatoes, coffee grounds, strawberry leaves -- it all looks good to her (along with some other disgusting doggie indiscretions) -- ARGH!

All this fiddling with rubber stamps and scanner pictures has me thinking seriously about another edition of paperdolls for my mother. Last year I did some that were caterpillars and all of the costumes were butterflies or moths in spectacular colors.

I'm thinking bunnies this time (gee, wonder where that idea came from?!) Sounds like it's time for the drawing pad and the pencils to come out again

The appliqué on the final quilt block is coming right along -- I have about 20 pieces left to put in -- WHOO HOO!!

Yesterday I did get one batch of the dying work done -- I used the Wilton brown to dye a piece of alpaca, a piece of white mohair and a piece of mohair that had a sort of pinkish-sand color to it. The alpaca is closest to actually being brown, which is what I was going for, but the other pieces came out a sort of orange-y rust color. The are still useable though, since I can use the Copic markers to accent with when the stitching parts are done.

Today I'm hoping to get the black dye job done -- I'll be using more alpaca and white mohair. Here's hoping these come out something close to black -- not purple, which would mean I'd have to do more overdying.

time to get movin'

No comments: