Sunday, October 26, 2008

the oddities of life

One more page of paperdoll costumes colored

this one could be titled "evil bunnies" -- the Halloween costumes were fun

So now it's on to school outfits, then maybe Christmas ones and pjs


These arrived in the mail on Friday

2 dozen plastic squeakers -- 1 dozen small ones, 1 dozen larger ones

the larger ones are intented to be used first to repair some dog toys that belong to our dog and our grand dog, both of whom seem to just love that sound (someone should explain to me why a big lab thinks that "squeek, squeek, squeek" is so attractive)

every year at Christmas I make the dogs some new toys too, which is why I ordered the economy priced pack of each size

I'm even considering putting some on my Etsy store

I went into Michaels yesterday just to look around (I was hoping to find a copy of Belle Amoire or one of the other Stampington publications -- had no luck there)

I did find these however!

The bottom one is a nice stamp that says "Thank you" which I intend to use on the bottom of my receipts (I'll stamp up the whole book shortly), so it goes to each customer

The other boxes are different alphabets -- and each box of 30 stamps (26 letters plus some symbols) measures less than 2 inches by 2 inches -- these babies are SMALL

No doubt the DH and I will be discussing who gets to use which one for what in the future!

The best part? Oh yes, all of these were in the "goodie basket" (as my mom calls it) of things that had been marked down -- they cost $1.00 each!

These were also in the marked down bins

these will be used to create a Christmas sock, and the rest used for afghan squares for charity

I love it when I can get some nice yarn for a cheap price!







and this is why I'll be knitting another Christmas Sock

this is my new grand dog -- now I have 2 grand dogs (and a grand bird)

Tonks is her name (all you Harry Potter fans should know where that came from!) -- cute is her game!

I haven't actually met her in person yet, as my daughter just got her on Friday, but I'm looking forward to it!


While I was in Michaels I also got some new double strand clasps with the idea of using them for the necklace I want to put together with those floral looking medallions. I was all set to work on them -- had my delicas, had my color coordinated beading thread -- when I discovered that the holes in the purple glass beads are so big that the delicas just slide right inside them --- BOOOOO!

I've been thinking about it, though, and I think I can still do the medallions, it will just take a few more beads -- when I do that first round I'll just string up enough more beads to let them run through the center. I'll be trying that today.

time to go play!!

No comments: