Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Good things in threes

Lookie what the mail man brought me yesterday!!

I love getting packages (ok, so who DOESN'T), but usually they don't come in bunches like this

It was like a little mini Christmas celebration



True to their word, the Denise folks did indeed put that replacement needle right into the mail!

I'm so impressed

Now I can work the vest back onto the Denise needles -- nice to not have the "kinks" in the cable that I have right now with the Boye set



Behind door #2!

Remember a couple of weeks or so ago I talked about learning to needle felt?

Well, here are my first supplies

There is a thick foam pad (you do the needle poking into that NOT your fingers -- hopefully anyway), a set of needles (each one carefully protected in a plastic sleeve, these babies are SHARP!) and an assortment of wool roving for making of animals--hopefully

Since this is basically a sculpting thing I'm thinking the DH will actually be much better at it than I will, but I'm willing to give it a try

Pictures and comments to follow

the final goodie was a lovely fat envelope from Monica over at Girl Gone Thread Wild.

Last week I was one of the winners of a giveaway she did, and this is what I won.

What a great bundle of goodies! That's one of Monica's outstanding pincushions!! (the DH says "it sort of looks like a space ship") Truly folks, this has some of the most fascinating fabrics in it -- including one that looks like tape measures -- way cool! And that nifty little "nob" on top to stick needles in is awesome.

Thanks Monica!!

I didn't spend all day ogling the goodies from the mail man.

I put together this new banner for my Etsy shop.

This morning I installed it, and I've just finished updating all of my shop policies and my bio -- including putting a picture of myself out there (thanks to my daughter taking the picture!)

Next step -- actually listing things for sale! And since I have a bunch of stuff that's ready, I have no excuse for not doing that -- soon, I promise

Over at Mason Dixon Knitting they have a free sunflower dishrag pattern posted on the right side bar.

I printed it off right after they posted it and last night I finished my first one -- my version of course.

The original pattern calls for only one row of petals, but it just didn't look "finished", so I added a second, inside row. TA DA!

And right after I finished this one, I started a new one, but I'm doing the center diagonally striped --

hey, I'm from the school of "A pattern is just a SUGGESTION" don't ya know

And yesterday's trip to the grocery store resulted in two packs of REAL dye -- one dark brown and one black -- and can you believe what the price of this stuff has gone up to!! YIKES -- you're looking at over $6.00 here -- good grief --

At any rate, I'll be making that trip to the dye pan again -- bring on the dish pan and the salt and the rubber gloves and the HOT water!

Progress being made on the necklace I'm working on, and more pieces were added to the bird quilt last night. Both of these items are in the "slogging along" stage --that point at which they are being worked on first in the work rotation and then I get to reward myself by working on a project that is a more fun stage.

And the animal I was stitching on is now on the table for the DH to put joints in -- WHOOT!!

ok, so I guess I've babbled on long enough for this morning -- off to the studio to get some stuff done!!

2 comments:

Kay said...

Hey, a pattern IS just a suggestion.

Love the double decker petals.

Kay

Bev said...

thanks Kay!